ABOUT US

After two and a half years of dating and a five week engagement, Nick and I took the plunge and were married on July 29th, 2011 in the Salt Lake Temple. We are a tennis playing, bike riding, running, wannabe swimming, cooking, treat eating, adventure seeking family. So sit back and enjoy 'The Dall Family Life'.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013


2012 Dall Family Goals
Monthly temple attendance
Go on 3 out of state vacations
Hold weekly family home evening
Memorize “The Living Christ”
Participate in more service to others
Read the Book of Mormon
Be the best Sunday school teachers ever!


“Freely ye have received, freely give”
 – Matt 10:8

 Elizabeth Goals
Weekly journal writing
Create a personal history
Learn to swim
Play the piano more often
Have personal prayer
Graduate with my masters degree
Serve

Nicholas Goals
Play in 3 tennis tournaments
100 mile bike ride
Keep an exercise routine
Read the Old Testament

Well, I kept up with my goals this year - can't say the same for Nick. How do I as a totally goal-oriented/driven person get my husband to feel the same way? I feel like the only way to be successful at something is to work hard at it. I married a man that is so wonderful and perfect for me, but is not driven in that way. I guess I can't see the other side. How could you not be excited and driven to create and accomplish goals? Nick is the perfect example of someone that says he's going to do something, but then doesn't do it. Ugh, it gets under my skin. Any ideas on how I can help my family be a goal-driven family with someone that doesn't quite share that same passion? 

Anyway, I still made us set some goals for 2013. I have a feeling I'll be pulling us along in these goals - which is why some of them fell by the wayside this year - I got frustrated by doing it all myself and gave up. I know, can you believe it?! But, they are important to me and what I what for my own family  so somehow it's going to work, right? Hence the reason Nick's list is so short - low chance for failure I guess? He chose the goals. And heaven help us all if he doesn't graduate this year. That better be an easy one.

Elizabeth 2013 goals
-       Continue learning to swim with the goal of completing a triathlon in the fall
-       365 days of personal history
-       Volunteer for Make A Wish or another organization with my husband
-       Weekly journal writing
-       Monthly organization/emergency preparedness
-       Feast upon the scriptures
-       Update all journals

Nick 2013 goals:
-       Graduate with undergrad. Prepare for and attend grad school
-       Go on 2 FUN vacations

2013 Dall family goals:
-       Read the New Testament by December 31, 2013
-       Save an added $--- by December 31, 2013
-       Hold weekly family home evening
-       Morning and evening family prayers
-       Daily family and personal scripture study
-       Go on 2 FUN family vacations
-       Continue to be the best Sunday school teachers ever!


“Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing, and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God; That your incomings may be in the name of the Lord, that your outgoings may be in the name of the Lord, that all your salutations may be in the name of the Lord, with uplifted hands unto the Most High.”
D&C 109:8-9

1 comment:

  1. Liz, you and Ally inspire me with your good goal making/keeping skills!

    ReplyDelete