ABOUT US

After two and a half years of dating and a five week engagement, Nick and I took the plunge and were married on July 29th, 2011 in the Salt Lake Temple. We are a tennis playing, bike riding, running, wannabe swimming, cooking, treat eating, adventure seeking family. So sit back and enjoy 'The Dall Family Life'.

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Unity

I can't sleep.  Or eat. Or believe what has happened.

Yes I can. 

It has been prophesied; we live in a time where wickedness abounds. It's not going to get better either. The prophets have warned us to teach our families and prepare every needful thing. Satan will lay hold upon the hearts of men. 

We chose to come to the earth at a time that we knew would be difficult. We knew that there would be a great war between good and evil. We were prepared and chose to fight a valiant fight. 

This election means a lot to us as a family (some days I wish I was ignorant - it really might be bliss). 
Not only the presidential election, but there are other things voted on that you might not be aware of:

Gay marriage: In Maine and Maryland, voters approved ballot initiatives to begin allowing same-sex unions. And in Minnesota voters declined to back an initiative that would enshrine in the state’s constitution a definition of marriage permitting only a union between a man and woman. In Washington state, where voters also weighed an initiative to legalize gay marriage, the vote count was expected to stretch on for days.
- Marijuana: Voters in Colorado and Washington state approved measures that legalize the recreational use of marijuana. A similar measure failed in Oregon. 

Things are going to be a little different at the Dall household. We have been shaken. We need to refocus on the things that matter most. We plan to be more wise in our financial decisions, more emergency prepared, more self-sufficient, more prayerful and more unified. 

I believe this is a time we need to be more unified with each other. Serve our brothers and sisters as we have been asked to do always. Not pass judgement, pray for our leaders, pray in our families, and so much more. 

"Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing; and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God"

I am prepared to fight this daily battle. I pray for a clearer eternal perspective. I have chosen to fight on the Lord's side of the line, and that's where I'm staying.  


2 comments:

  1. i think you are so eloquent. you have a way of verbalizing your thoughts that lays them out clearly and simply. its kind of astonishing what is happening to our country and to the world that we live in, but we're with you guys. it is time to be more unified and work together as well as prepare ourselves as best we can.

    ReplyDelete